Yesterday night, my wife and I joined the congregational prayer meeting at LSBC. It was good to be praying together.
We prayed on the following three areas based on the theme of the Jubilee year:
Prayer is an essential time for us to learn to trust the Lord wholeheartedly and acknowledge His greatness.
Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. (Psalms 86:11, NIV)
It is good to engage God in prayer. It connects us to Him so that we are able to depend on His strength for performing our daily tasks. It encourages our soul to rest and trust in the Lord; and as we rest in the presence of the Lord, the overabundance of the joy and love of the Lord will fill our souls and refresh us from within.
When we went home after the prayer meeting, we lingered on a little bit more in the worship atmosphere by listening to some worship songs on Youtube before we slept. One of the songs was particularly striking a chord with the theme of the night: I will be still and know You are God.
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God [x2]
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God [x2]
We prayed on the following three areas based on the theme of the Jubilee year:
- Returning to God
- Re-set our lives
- Rest and restoration in God
Prayer is an essential time for us to learn to trust the Lord wholeheartedly and acknowledge His greatness.
Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. (Psalms 86:11, NIV)
It is good to engage God in prayer. It connects us to Him so that we are able to depend on His strength for performing our daily tasks. It encourages our soul to rest and trust in the Lord; and as we rest in the presence of the Lord, the overabundance of the joy and love of the Lord will fill our souls and refresh us from within.
When we went home after the prayer meeting, we lingered on a little bit more in the worship atmosphere by listening to some worship songs on Youtube before we slept. One of the songs was particularly striking a chord with the theme of the night: I will be still and know You are God.
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God [x2]
Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God [x2]
No comments:
Post a Comment